To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Biweekly 13 (12/7/20 – 12/20/20) Sign Off Deadline Reminder
- Payroll will sign off all SHRA Employee timecards that have not been signed off at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 21, 2020. The early sign off deadline is due to the upcoming Winter Break holidays and payroll close schedule.
- Please ask SHRA employees and managers to keep Biweekly 13 timecards up to date and timecard approvals made this week.
- The deadline to submit a sign off removal request is 11:00 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 21. All sign off removal requests must be emailed directly to email@example.com
- You may sign off biweekly timecards by the 12 p.m. deadline or leave them open for payroll to sign off on them at 12pm.
- Holidays and Optional Work Days are not included in the Biweekly 13 sign off next Monday.
Biweekly 14 (12/21/20 – 1/3/21) Holidays & Optional Work Days
Upcoming Holidays, Dec. 24 – Dec. 29, Jan. 1
- The four Winter Break Holidays, from Thursday, December 24 to Tuesday, December 29 are in TIM, although you may not be able to see all of them in employees’ timecards at this time.
- Holidays may not appear in the timecard in advance. They appear in the week in which they happen. 2021 Holidays, including the New Year’s Day holiday on Friday, January 1, will appear in TIM on Jan. 2, 2021.
Optional Work Days, Dec. 30 and 31
- There are two Optional Work Days this year, Wednesday, December 30 and Thursday, December 31. If approved by their Supervisor, an employee may choose to work on the Optional Work Days. If an employee is not going to work, they should enter their leave taken hours on those days.
- SHRA Non-Exempt employees are paid based on the hours in their timecards in TIM. If an employee is not going to work and they have leave hours available, those hours must entered on both Optional Work Days Dec. 31 and 31 to ensure the employee is paid for those days.
Example Biweekly 14 SHRA Non-Exempt Timecard
- Monday, 12/21- hours worked or leave taken
- Tuesday, 12/22- hours worked or leave taken
- Wednesday, 12/23- hours worked or leave taken
- Thursday, 12/24- Winter Holiday Day 1
- Friday, 12/25- Winter Holiday Day 2
- Monday, 12/28- Winter Holiday Day 3
- Tuesday, 12/29- Winter Holiday Day 4
- Wednesday, 12/30- Optional work day- hours worked or leave taken
- Thursday, 12/31- Optional work day- hours worked or leave taken
- Friday, 1/1- New Year’s Day Holiday (will not appear in TIM until Jan. 2)
The HR Formal Notice, ‘2020 University Holiday Schedule’ about the Optional Work Days was emailed to employees on Nov. 23 and is attached for your reference.