To: University Business Managers, Campus Unit Financial Leads, Secondary HR Managers, RASG
From: Brett Kenney, Cash Manager, Accounting Services
Departments can begin their 2020-2021 GSHIP student enrollment on Monday, June 15, 2020. Enrollment should be completed as soon as possible but no later than Wednesday, September 30, 2020. This year Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) will be issuing new ID cards for all students. Previously issued ID cards will not be accepted. Students must present new ID Cards to their providers or claims maybe denied. Students enrolling dependents must have enrollment completed by September 30, 2020. Students must deny their student mandatory insurance coverage plan by September 10, 2020.
- During the enrollment timeframe – beginning July – September enrollment files will be sent to BCBS twice a week and monthly thereafter.
- BCBS takes 2-3 days to process the enrollment file. BCBS Customer Service sees enrollment files 1 to 2 day later in their system.
- BCBS mails insurance cards to new enrollees within a week of enrollment; it takes 10 days to 2 weeks for students to receive their card.
Students will be able to access their policy information ahead of receiving their insurance cards by using their Social Security Number (SSN) to create a BlueConnect account – https://www.bluecrossnc.com. By selecting “Register Now” under Blue Connect Member Login, students can create an account by validating the requested information – including their SSN. Students who do not have a SSN will not be able to register for a BlueConnect account until they know what their policy ID number is.
- Below is a screenshot where students can create an account.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about changes to enrollment status in ConnectCarolina.
Cash Management Team
- Brett Kenney: 919-962-1601
- Bernice Revelle: 919-843-8965
- Tammy Jorgenson: 919-962-7793
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.