To: University Business Managers,Finance and Budget Staff, Campus Unit (CU) Financial Leads, Res_Info Listserv
From: Stephen J. Agostini, Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Budget
I am pleased to announce that Manali Bettendorf has accepted the role of University Controller and Executive Director for Enterprise Financial Accounting. Effective Monday, October 14, Manali will work to provide Vice Chancellor Jonathan Pruitt and I with strategic guidance on the annual comprehensive financial report, accounting policies, financial systems and fiscal policy.
Manali will be responsible for preparing and completing the Annual Report, as well as oversight of Accounting Services, Financial Reporting, Capital Accounting, and the general ledger and chart of accounts. She will work collaboratively with my leadership team and school/department financial and administrative leaders across campus. She will also guide the University on accounting, internal control considerations, financial system performance for overall accounting, and reporting needs of the University. Manali’s 15 years of experience in strategic financial and accounting operations will prove essential as we strive to deliver a better customer experience.
Most recently, Manali has served as University Controller for Washington State University, where she oversaw a large team of 80 employees managing payroll, general accounting, accounts receivable, cashiers, student accounts, accounts payable, travel and post-award sponsored program services. Manali previously worked in the Office of the Vice President of Finance at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where she specialized in change management, streamlining processes and creating efficiencies within the Institute and was instrumental in founding edX, a nonprofit online learning portal and open courseware provider founded by MIT and Harvard University. Manali holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Accounting from the University of Florida, is a Certified Public Accountant, Six Sigma Black Belt and a Certified Scrum Master.
I want to thank the following individuals who joined me on the search committee for this position:
- Associate Provost for Scholarships and Student Aid – Rachelle Feldman
- Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for VC Research – Andy Johns
- Associate Dean for Finance and Budget, College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office – Manish Kumar
- Executive Director of Financial Shared Services, Finance and Operations – Carly Perin
- Senior Director of Accounting Services and Associate Controller – Chandrika Rao
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Finance and Treasury – Brian Smith
- Associate Dean for Administration and Operations, School of Government – Michael Vollmer
- Director of Payroll Services – Walter Miller
Manali will be meeting with many different areas during his first few weeks on campus. Please join me in welcoming Manali to her new role.