To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Brief TIM Outage
TIM will be undergoing maintenance on Thursday 7/18/2019 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.. During this timeframe, TIM will be down. Time punches in clocks will be captured and held until the maintenance is complete. Teletime will not be available during this downtime. Managers or TIM Administrators will need to enter any missed time stamps during the 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. timeframe.
Historical Corrections Reminders
All Historical Corrections are automatically included in the timecard totals, and, if accrual hours are involved, will also affect the accruals balance.
- When Historical Corrections are made to adjust leave balances, those hours should not be sent to payroll. They are made in the timecard to increase or decrease the employee’s accrual balance in TIM.
- To ensure those hours are not sent to payroll, you will need to edit the correction in the ‘HC Accrual Adj’ tab. The ‘HC Accruals Adj’ tab allows you to view each Historical Correction that has been made in the selected pay period or time period and modify the Include in Totals option.
- To confirm the hours you edited in the ‘HC Accrual Adj’ tab will not be sent to payroll, go to the Current Pay Period and review the timecard totals. Hours set to No should not appear in the totals.
Common leave balance adjustment situations when corrections should NOT impact pay totals:
- An employee who qualifies to earn leave at the end of each month terminates their employment on the 25th of the month. The employee’s leave hours for the month will not be added automatically to their accruals since they will not be active in TIM on the last day of the month. The accrual hours will need to be added as Historical Corrections, but the corrections should not impact pay.
- A new hire transferred to the University from another North Carolina state agency. The employee has leave hours from their previous state service that need to be added to TIM. The accrual hours need to be available for the new hire to use in TIM, but they should not impact pay.
Historical Corrections Timing
- Updates to the previous pay period timecard and historical corrections should be made before the previous pay period is signed off.
- Historical corrections made to the previous pay period timecard should not be entered until after the Sign off Deadline has passed.
- Duplicate entries may appear if you sign off the timecard and make historical corrections in the previous pay period, and later have sign off removed.
- Historical corrections made in the previous pay period will appear in the Totals of the current pay period. After sign off is removed, the entries will also affect the previous pay period.
Historical Corrections Instructions
- For detailed instructions on how to use the HC Accrual Adj tab, please review the Historical Corrections CBT or the section in the TIM Administrators manual.
- TIM Training CBTs and Manuals are posted here.
New TIM Administrator Class
The next TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators will be held from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at the AOB Building, 104 Airport Drive, Room 3101. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. Register.