TO: University Business Managers
FROM: Mark Stark, University Fleet Manager
Starting today, University faculty and staff should follow the procedures below for requesting and reserving Enterprise vehicles. Please share this information with staff in your department that may be impacted by these changes.
Vehicle Rental Account Requests
University staff wishing to reserve a short-term Enterprise vehicle rental should request an EHIDirect account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A unique EHIDirect.com registration link then will be emailed to the requester; the registration link will require action within 24 hours, after which it will expire. For more information on vehicle rental and a step-by-step Enterprise EHIDirect User Guide, visit the Facilities Services Vehicle Rental webpage.
Passenger Van Rental and Insurance Claims
When reserving an Enterprise vehicle, staff may choose from a variety of vehicle sizes and types, including large SUVs and passenger vans. While Enterprise may offer 15 passenger vans, UNC Risk Management recommends that staff only reserve 8 or 12 passenger vehicles whenever possible. 15 passenger vans are not insured under the state contract with Enterprise and are instead covered by the state’s policy with Travelers.
- If an accident involving a 15 passenger van occurs, staff must complete the 1403.1.1f Automobile Loss Notice form and submit to Janet Hoernke (email@example.com) within 24 hours. She will report the incident to Travelers for their investigation and handling.
- For accidents involving other Enterprise vehicles (12 passenger or less), notify Enterprise when returning the vehicle and they will handle all claims internally.
- For more information regarding the reporting of automobile accidents, see the University’s Policy on Automobile Accidents and Damage.
For questions or concerns about vehicle rentals, please feel free to contact us at any time:
- Mark Stark, University Fleet Manager, 919-966-2967, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alice Moore, Administrative Support Specialist, 919-962-6676, email@example.com