To: MOU Financial Leads, Finance Department Staff,University Business Managers,Research Administration Support Group (RASG)
From: Janet Kelly-Scholle, Assoc. Director, Marketing and Communications, Finance and Operations
The Office of Ethics Education and Policy Management (OEEPM), is launching a new policy management system today, March 29 (details in the email below). As a follow up, we want to clarify that this transition also includes all documents within the Finance Policies and Procedures Manual website, financepolicy.unc.edu, including glossary items, forms, and related documents.
Starting today, we will begin redirecting current links within the Finance Policies and Procedures website to https://unc.policystat.com/, which is the new home for all University policies. What you can expect with this change:
- Policies, procedures and forms will still be searchable by their identifying numbers as they appeared in the Finance Policy and Procedure Manual – no numbers or titles will change.
- To adhere to accessibility requirements, the new appearance will be different, with the aesthetics more like a Word document than the previous webpages, but information will remain the same.
- The Finance glossary of terms is at https://unc.policystat.com/policy/4783124/latest/.
- Finance forms can be found by searching at https://unc.policystat.com/policy/4789175/latest/.
- Searching for subject matter in this new system will not only allow you to access relevant Finance policies, but other policies on campus from other departments which may also affect your subject matter. If you would like to narrow your search to only Finance policies, include the words “Finance Policy” in your search, but the quickest way to find a policy is to type in the first few digits of the policy number or keywords from the policy title.
We have worked closely with the OEEPM office during the past months to ensure a smooth transition, however, it is possible that this transition may create some broken links or irregular forms. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will continue to quality check web links on our websites to ensure that you can get to the information you need. Beginning Wednesday, April 4, if you find any links that are broken, please send an email with the URL of the broken link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the policy transition for all campus policies check out the transition information page, https://policies.unc.edu/policystat/. OEEPM currently offers training on the University’s new policy framework and has scheduled training on the new policy management system. To register, visit https://policies.unc.edu/training/.
To: Formal Notice
From: Atinuke O. Diver, J.D., Associate Director for Ethics Education and Policy Management
The University’s new policy management system is scheduled to go live on Thursday, March 29, 2018.
After completing a competitive RFP process last year, the Office of Ethics Education and Policy Management selected PolicyStat, a web-based, policy management application that provides automated workflow for the creation, editing, review and approval of policies, and also serves as a central location for the publication of University policies as required under the University’s Policy on Policies, effective January 7, 2017.
The new system will simplify the process of policy management for responsible parties and streamlines access to a comprehensive repository of policy information.
The Office of Ethics Education and Policy Management currently offers training on the University’s new policy framework and has also scheduled training on the new policy management system. To register, please visit: https://policies.unc.edu/training/.
Beginning on March 29th, the current link to a limited list of University policies (https://policies.unc.edu/all-policies) will redirect to https://unc.policystat.com/. If your School, Department or Unit currently links to any policies listed on, please be sure to update your links to those specific polices.
If you have any questions or concerns about a specific policy, please reach out to the Responsible Unit or Issuing Officer. If you have any questions about the transition, PolicyStat or general policy questions, please refer to our transition information page online, email our office at email@example.com or give me a ring at the number below.
Atinuke O. Diver, J.D.
Associate Director for Ethics Education and Policy Management
Office of the Chancellor
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Stay up-to-date with UNC Policy News!
134 ½ East Franklin Street, Suite 110
Campus Box 4110
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-4110