To: University Business Managers, MOU Financial Leads
From: The ConnectCarolina Team
The ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll system is being upgraded to the latest software version to include important security, accessibility and functional updates. We’d like to call your attention to a few things.
All ConnectCarolina Outage:
Friday, March 2, 5:00 p.m. until Monday, March 5, 7:00 a.m.
You will not be able to sign in to ConnectCarolina during these times.
All of the applications that you access through the portal will be unavailable. The portal is the webpage that you usually see after you click on the green buttons: Login to ConnectCarolina Student Center or Login to ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte (Faculty, staff & alumni)
Important to Know about the System Outage
- The HR/Payroll Upgrade page on ccinfo.unc.edu has dates, key changes system users will notice, a list of the specific systems affected, and a sample screenshot of the new look.
Reporting | HR Systems | Finance Systems | Student Administration Systems | Student Actions | Onyen and Personal Data Management Systems | Other Systems
- You cannot access W-2 forms during the outage. We realize that the ConnectCarolina outage occurs during tax preparation season so if you need the online version of your W-2 or your paystubs, please download them before 5:00 pm on Friday, March 2.
TIM and Viewing Paychecks
- You will not able to use the Self-Service functions such as View Paycheck during the outage.
- The TIM system will be available, but you will not be able to access it using the link in ConnectCarolina. If you need to use TIM during the outage, go to https://unctim.unc.edu/wfc/logon.
- ePro orders cannot be placed or changed during the outage since they are part of the ConnectCarolina Finance system.
- If you need to place an Airgas order after 5:00 pm on Friday, March 2, email ANWMorrisvilleAdministration@airgas.com. These emails are routed to Teresa Suggs (919-544-3772 ext. 311) or Jason Newhouse (919-544-3772 ext. 312). Airgas will handle the orders over the outage period and work through the technical process after ConnectCarolina is back up and running.
Contact the Service Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu if you have questions or concerns. For more information on the outage and changes you can expect (if you work with HR/Payroll), go to ccinfo.unc.edu/hcm-9-2-upgrade.