Dear University Employee,
Your tax year 2017 W-2 form is now available for viewing via the SelfService menu on the ConnectCarolina home page. Remember that 2-Step Verification is required for online W-2 access (see 2-Step instructions below). In late January 2018, all employees will also receive a printed W-2 for tax year 2017.
Accessing online W-2s offers the following advantages
- Accessing your W-2 form online allows you to print and use it sooner than the paper version issued in late January by Payroll Services.
- Active employees can access and print their W-2s at any time, 24 hours a day. The functionality can be especially useful for employees who need to access their W-2 information quickly when applying for personal loans.
- The electronic W-2 is just as official as the paper version you normally receive from Payroll Services – no special paper is needed.
- Former employees will continue to receive paper W-2s via U.S. Mail and also have the option of accessing W-2s via a guest account in ConnectCarolina. Instructions can be found at help.unc.edu/help/onyens-guest-ids/.
Instructions for accessing your W-2 online using 2-Step
Visit onyen.unc.edu and click “Register & Manage 2-Step Verification.” The registration process for 2-Step takes just 10 minutes. Have your PID available and your mobile device or landline phone with you. Follow the steps to select and confirm your preferred 2-Step method (a text message, landline phone call or a “push” notification). Then visit ConnectCarolina to access your online W-2 via the SelfService menu.
Already registered for 2-Step but have a new device?
Are you already registered for 2-Step, but need a refresher on how to activate a new device? Click the “New Devices” tab on this help document: help.unc.edu/help/duo/ for step-by-step instructions.
Want to learn more?
You can visit https://its.unc.edu/2-step/ to learn more about 2-Step on our campus, why it’s important and how it keeps you and Carolina secure.
Questions or problems?
- Help Documentation related to 2-Step, including step-by-step instructions, is available by visiting: help.unc.edu/help/duo/.
- Step-by-step instructions and user tips related to viewing and printing W-2 forms can be found on the ConnectCarolina User Information website, Online Employee Tax Forms page: ccinfo.unc.edu/featured-resources/online-employee-tax-forms/.
- If you have questions concerning your W-2 form, please visit our W-2 frequently-asked questions webpage.
- If you have technical problems viewing or printing your W-2, contact the Help Desk at 962-HELP.
This message is sponsored by: Payroll Services