To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Adverse Weather Declared in Biweekly 15 (1/9/17 – 1/22/17)
Adverse Weather Condition 2 – was in effect in Biweekly 15 (1/9/17 – 1/22/17) from 12:00 a.m. on Monday, January 9 until 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 10.
(Condition 2 was also in effect in Biweekly 14 starting at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 8th. These 3 hours should be taken into account if a severe weather essential employee worked over the day divide and the majority of hours fell on Monday, January 9th.)
Adverse Weather Condition 1 – was in effect from 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday January 10th until normal operations resumed on Wednesday, January 11th.
No Adverse Weather pay codes are used in TIM to account for hours worked or not worked during Adverse Weather Condition 1. Employees will use their own leave when not reporting to work during Condition I.
Accounting for missed work during Condition 2
- Employees who are already out on approved leave will record the approved leave taken hours in TIM.
- If approved by the supervisor, the employee may work additional hours that week to make up for the hours missed.
- Compensatory time, if available, must be recorded first.
- Then, record leave taken hours or if approved, select the ‘Adverse Weather Cond II Owed’ pay code and enter the hours in the employee’s timecard in TIM. The employee will be paid for those hours and the hours will appear as a negative amount in Adverse Weather Cond II Owed in the Accruals tab of the timecard. Owed hours must be paid back within 90 days.
- Otherwise, the employee will need to take a Dock in Pay- for SPA Non-Exempt employees, they will not enter anything in TIM for the hours missed and will not be paid for those hours. For SPA Exempt employees, a Dock in Pay action in ConnectCarolina via the Lump Sum ePAR must be processed. Please contact ConnectCarolina if you need assistance.
SHRA Non-Exempt ‘Severe Weather Essential’ employees that worked during Condition 2-
- Hours worked by a designated SHRA Non-Exempt severe weather essential employee during the Adverse Weather Condition 2 timeframe should be recorded normally.
- Then, select the ‘Adverse Weather III ETO ER Emp’ pay code and enter the amount of hours worked during the Condition 2 timeframe only (9:00 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 8 to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 10) in the timecard in TIM. This will ensure the severe weather essential employee is granted Adverse Weather ETO hours in the accruals tab in TIM. This pay code will NOT pay the employee for hours worked. Managers temporarily have access to this pay code in TIM.
- ‘Severe Weather Essential’ must be indicated on the SHRA Non-Exempt employee’s record in ConnectCarolina in order to receive Adverse Weather ETO hours in TIM.
- SHRA Exempt severe weather essential employees are no longer eligible for Adverse Weather ETO according to the policy.
Please refer to the HR Policy for more Adverse Weather information, http://hr.unc.edu/for-faculty-staff/adverse-weather/ and contact the HR department if you have any policy-related questions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with TIM ‘how to’ questions.