To: University Business Managers
From: Cash Management Team
This email is specifically for those who are responsible for graduate students enrolled in the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP). A few reminders for the coming semester:
- Students who are graduating, withdrawing, or no longer working need to be entered into the system before Dec. 19, 2016. Please email the Cash Management Team once you are finished updating the student’s status.
- If you have RAs or TAs who were just hired, be sure to submit their GSHIP paperwork by Dec. 19, 2016, so that a policy ID number can be issued to them prior to the Jan. 1, 2017, policy effective date.
- These new RAs/TAs will have to use that policy ID to waive out of the UNC System Student Health Insurance Plan (Student Blue) at https://www.bcbsnc.com/content/studentblue/uncch/index.htm. Students have to waive out by Jan. 31, 2017.
- Spouse and dependent coverage is available on the GSHIP plan, and can be completed directly with Blue Cross/Blue Shield at 1-800-579-8022.
If you have any questions, please email the Cash Management Team at email@example.com.
Cash Management Team contact information
- Andrew Chow: 919-962-1601
- Bernice Revelle: 919-843-8965
- Tammy Jorgenson: 919-962-7793
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.