To: MOU Financial Leads, Business Managers, Finance Staff, Research Administrators Support Group (RASG)
From: Information Technology Services & Payroll Services
The University has continued to increase options for employees’ convenient online access to their tax forms through ConnectCarolina Self Service. As an extra layer of security, the University implemented 2-Step Verification to further safeguard employees’ personal information.
It is important for as many people as possible to register now for 2-Step Verification so there is no delay when employees are ready to access their 2016 W-2 forms online. Please let people in your areas know that registration is required. It is easy to do and only takes a few minutes, and people should go ahead and activate their account now.
Here’s what people need to get started:
- A phone or tablet, their PID, the last four digits of their Social Security number, and their ONYEN and password.
- Go to https://its.unc.edu/onyen-services/ and click the “2-Step Verification” icon, then sign in to their account to register for the new service.
- Once they’re registered, go to ConnectCarolina to access their online W-2 via the Self-Service menu.
- Help is available at http://help.unc.edu/help/duo/ or through the ITS Service Desk, 919-962-HELP.
Additional information about accessing online employee tax forms, including W-2s, is available at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/featured-resources/online-employee-tax-forms/.
- Online W-2s for 2014 and 2015 are available now. The 2016 W-2 will be available in January 2017.
- All employees will receive a printed W-2 for tax year 2016.
- With 2-Step Verification, employees can access and print their W-2 forms for tax years 2014 and beyond at any time.
- W-2s for years prior to 2014 will not be available in ConnectCarolina.
Although 2-Step Verification is just for online W-2 access right now, it will be expanded to other secure online functions in the coming year including, eventually, all administrative access to ConnectCarolina.
Thank you for encouraging people in your school/department to register now for 2-Step Verification.