To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Subject: Mandatory Training Reminder, Outage Notice, & EHRA Term Payout Deadline
At this time, only 349 of 500 TIM Administrators have registered or attended a mandatory TIM upgrade TIM Administrator training class. Attendance is required.
Upon request by a HR Department Manager or HR Officer/Liaison, TIM Support can provide the list of the 349 TIM Administrator PIDs who have registered or attended a class for review. We are only able to provide their PIDs. Alternatively, you may request your TIM Administrators to provide a copy of the certificate that everyone who attends class receives.
TIM Upgrade training classes for TIM Administrators are being held now through Thursday, October, 20th in AOB, 104 Airport Drive, Room 3101.
All TIM Administrators are required to attend a TIM upgrade TIM Administrator training class
The upgraded TIM is going live on Monday, October 24, 2016. To learn more about the TIM Upgrade, please refer to the TIM Upgrade website
Upgrade Outage Notice
This notice was sent to all employees last Friday-
A TIM outage will occur beginning this Friday, Oct. 21. The system will be down from 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21 until 11 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 23 at the latest.
Employees using Time Stamp– will not be able to login to TIM to record their times worked.
*All times in and out worked during the outage window must be submitted to the TIM Manager or TIM Administrator for manual entry on Monday, Oct. 24. *
Employees using Badge Terminals– will be able to swipe in and out for worked hours during the outage. Functions such as View Timecard Totals, View Accrual Balances, and Time Off Notifications will not be available during the outage period.
*Times in and out should be checked by the TIM Manager or TIM Administrator on Monday, Oct. 24 to ensure they are correct.*
Employees using Teletime– will not be able to call in to the phone system to record times worked during the extended Teletime outage window.
*All times in and out worked during the outage window must be submitted to the TIM Manager or TIM Administrator for manual entry on Monday, Oct. 24.*
SHRA Non-Exempt Employees using Manual Time Entry and SHRA and EHRA Exempt employees- will not be able to log into the TIM system during the outage window.
*SHRA Non-Exempt and SHRA and EHRA Exempt employees will be able to enter all of their TIM data on Monday, Oct. 24.*
October EHRA Termination Payout Deadline
For EHRA terminations occurring between October 1 and October 31, leave payouts to be paid to the EHRA employee in October must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2016. We apologize for the short notice.
- EHRA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on October dates in the timecard.
- October timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on October 20th will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EHRA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EHRA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SHRA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
- Note: For terminated EHRA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (10/20/16), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (11/1/16). Those entries will be sent to payroll in November Entries made in the timecard on October dates after the deadline (10/20/16) will not be extracted.