Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates are sent on an as-needed basis.
- NEW! June month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of June. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all June transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! July month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of July. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all July transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! August month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business (5 p.m.) Monday, August 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! PAAT Update: Beginning in August, PAAT transactions will not be processed on the last two business days of every month to give the month-end team sufficient time to close. Users can still submit and approve PAATs, but they will not be processed and sent to Finance until the first business day of the new month.
- NEW! W-4 and NC-4 forms: Please remind new hires and current employees that they should submit and/or update W-4 and NC-4 forms via ConnectCarolina SelfService whenever possible. New employees need to follow the tip below to successfully log in to SelfService. Note that new employees are not required to submit paper forms. Foreign national employees should continue to submit paper copies to Payroll. For more information about W-4 and NC-4 tax forms, and how to view, edit and print them, see the Online Employee Tax Forms info on ccinfo.unc.edu.
- NEW! IMPORTANT TIP FOR NEW HIRES AND PORTAL SELF-SERVICE: Here is an important tip to share with new hires when they first use ConnectCarolina. When new hires first log in to ConnectCarolina, they will not see SelfService options such as view paycheck, view tax forms, etc. New hires should log in to ConnectCarolina and then log out and close their browser. It is recommended to wait at least 5-10 minutes before logging back in. This allows the system to process an individual’s access to ConnectCarolina, including Self-Service. When the employee next logs in, they should see all SelfService options. If the individual still does not see these links, they should contact the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or help.unc.edu.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.