To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: July 11, 2016
Subject: Holiday Reminders & EHRA Termination Payout Deadline
Reminders for the Independence Day Holiday, Monday, July 4th
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SHRA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SHRA part time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on the holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive holiday hours, insert a row on the day with the holiday and enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard.
- Employees in an ‘On Leave’ status may appear as active in TIM. If an employee On Leave appears in your list in TIM, you must enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard to ensure the employee is not paid for the Holiday hours.
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime and are no longer assigned to the Holiday Pending Approval pay code. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will insert a row and enter the ‘Holiday Premium’ pay code and the amount of hours worked on the holiday.
July EHRA Termination Payout Deadline
- For EHRA terminations occurring between July 1st and July 31st, leave payouts to be paid to the employee in July must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.(There are two deadlines for EHRA employees in July- for the Fiscal Year End, TIM Administrators must sign off the previous pay period (June) in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13, 2016, termination leave pay out entries to be paid to the employee in July must be entered in the current pay period (July) by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.)
- EHRA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on July dates in the timecard.
- July timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on July 19th will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EHRA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EHRA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SHRA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
- Note: For terminated EHRA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (7/19/16), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (8/1/16). Those entries will be sent to payroll in August. Entries made in the timecard on July dates after the deadline (7/19/16) will not be extracted.