Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates are sent on an as-needed basis.
- NEW! May month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of May. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all May transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Year-End deadlines: Today, June 10, marks the beginning of a series of key dates for fiscal year end. Please use the FYE memo and checklist as a guide! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
- REMINDER! Important date for vouchers: School/department staff should be checking daily to make sure vouchers are through department workflow and don’t have any errors. Vouchers not through departmental workflow by the June 17 deadline will be deleted. All voucher entry (and requisitions and POs) needs to be complete by 5 p.m. – no exceptions.
- REMINDER! NC-4 and W-4 updates via ConnectCarolina Self Service: Don’t forget that Federal and State of North Carolina Income Tax Withholding forms (W-4 and NC-4 forms) can be viewed and updated via the Self Service menu on the ConnectCarolina home page. Please encourage/remind employees to perform these changes online via Self Service – it’s much quicker! Step-by-step instructions and user tips for how to find your W-4 and NC-4 can be found on the ConnectCarolina User website, Online Employee Tax Forms page: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/tools/online-employee-tax-forms.
- REMINDER! Fiscal year-end resources online: A 2016 FYE webpage is available. Like last year, the FYE webpage includes a checklist, links to FYE memos as they are issued and the following:
- A recording of the fiscal year-end webinar held April 13. This webinar is intended to help get you prepared for year-end activities in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte, including changes since last year and queries to help identify “stuck” transactions.
- A quick reference list for queries for reviewing open transactions.
- A recording of the fiscal year-end budgets webinar for MOU Financial Leads.
- A quick reference for cleaning up requisitions and processing vouchers for month-end and year-end.
- Additional sessions of the hands-on course, Queries for Cleaning up Transactions, explains how to run queries in ConnectCarolina to identify “in-flight” transactions that need attention before month-end close. If you haven’t taken this course or would like a refresher, check the calendar for upcoming courses and to sign up.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.