Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates are sent on an as-needed basis.
NEW! Updated Payroll/HR calendar: An updated calendar for June 2016 is available at https://hr.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/222/2012/11/2016-calendars.pdf.
NEW! Commitment Accounting:
- FY 2017 personnel funding sources established: On May 18, the fiscal year 2016 funding information for active positions and appointments was rolled forward to establish fiscal year 2017 funding. Departments can now enter FY 2017 funding swaps and job change ePARs (previously unavailable), as well as position, hire, and lumps sum ePARs with effective dates 7/1/16 and later.
- FY 2017 personnel funding second rollover: The fiscal year 2017 funding will be re-evaluated at 5 pm on June 30 to incorporate changes made since the initial roll. Important things to keep in mind:
- If the ePAR effective date is prior to 7/1/16, then do not add or include a 7/1/2016 funding grid as part of the action. The FY 2017 funding will be updated as part of the second roll.
- Intentional funding changes entered effective 7/1/16 and later on a FY 2017 Funding Swap that weren’t established as a part of the initial roll will not be overwritten during the second roll.
- Departments should make every effort to make sure ePARs effective 6/30/16 or earlier have fully executed by 5 pm on June 30. If the ePAR is not in an executed status at that time, then the funding will not be considered in the second roll. If the in-progress action is for a new hire or if the funding included in the action is being updated, then in order to establish FY17 funding the following will need to occur:
- If the person is in a position, the department will need to submit a position action effective 7/1/16 and include the appropriate FY17 funding
- If the person is in an appointment, the department will need to submit a job change action effective 7/1/16 and include the appropriate FY17 funding
- REMINDER! Fiscal Year-End resources online: There are tasks to be done now! A new 2016 version of the FYE webpage is being updated as information is available. Like last year, the FYE webpage includes a task checklist (in progress) and will include links to FYE memos as they are issued. Also posted:
- The annual DDD memo regarding fiscal year-end closing dates and procedures.
- Updated with this year’s dates, the FYE checklist is now posted and printable.
- A recording of the fiscal year-end webinar held April 13. This webinar is intended to help get you prepared for year-end activities in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte, including changes since last year and queries to help identify “stuck” transactions.
- A quick reference list for queries for reviewing open transactions.
- A recording of the fiscal year-end budgets webinar for MOU Financial Leads.
- A quick reference for cleaning up requisitions and processing vouchers for month-end and year-end.
- Additional sessions of the hands-on course, Queries for Cleaning up Transactions, explains how to run queries in ConnectCarolina to identify “in-flight” transactions that need attention before month-end close. If you haven’t taken this course or would like a refresher, check the calendar for upcoming courses and to sign up.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.