Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates are sent on an as-needed basis.
NEW! May month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business (5 p.m.)Tuesday, May 31. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
NEW! April month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of April. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all April transactions, and state approval to close the month.
NEW! Fiscal year-end checklist: Updated with this year’s dates, the checklist is now posted and printable.
REMINDER! Online fiscal year-end resources: A 2016 version of the FYE webpage has been updated with the following:
- The annual DDD memo regarding fiscal year-end closing dates and procedures.
- A recording of the fiscal year-end webinar held April 13, which will help get you prepared for year-end activities in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte, including changes since last year and queries to help identify “stuck” transactions.
- A quick reference list for queries for reviewing open transactions.
- A recording of the fiscal year-end budgets webinar for MOU Financial Leads.
- A quick reference for cleaning up requisitions and processing vouchers for month-end and year-end.
- Additional sessions of the hands-on course, Queries for Cleaning up Transactions, explains how to run queries in ConnectCarolina to identify “in-flight” transactions that need attention before month-end close. If you haven’t taken this course or would like a refresher, check the training calendar for upcoming courses and to sign up.
Important Reminders and Resources
Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.