Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates will be sent on an as-needed basis instead of a weekly basis beginning Feb. 2016.
- REMINDER! February month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Feb. 26. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! Budget pre-check reminder: Please remember to process the budget pre-check prior to submitting budget transfers and budget journals. If the status is not “Checked Only,” the budget transaction will be rejected by central offices.
- NEW! PAAT reports CBT: A new PAAT CBT has just been released in response to campus requests — Running Reports in PAAT. We now have three CBTs posted online for PAAT: one for PAAT basic originators, one for PAAT approvers and one to explain reports. The content in all three CBTs should be reviewed by both types of users to ensure everyone knows how the whole process works from beginning to execution. Since PAAT is a very powerful tool, these trainings are mandatory for all PAAT users, including those who used the short-term retro tool. CBTs can be accessed from the Training drop-down menu at ccinfo.unc.edu.
- NEW! P-Card systems training: Training for new P-Card approvers will be offered again on March 17 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in AOB 3101. The training will cover how to modify existing line level detail, update chartfield string information, and approve or reject transactions. Click here to register using the UNC Event Registration website.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current issues list: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.