To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: January 20, 2016
Subject: Final Reminder- January EPA Deadlines
EPA Sign Off Deadline
As mentioned previously in the Calendar Year End communications, the EPA sign off deadline for December timecards has been moved up to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20. Payroll must sign off all timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
January EPA Termination Payout Deadline
- For EPA terminations occurring between January 1 and January 31, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on January dates in the timecard.
- January timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on January 20 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
* Note: For terminated EPA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (1/20/16), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (2/1/16). Those entries will be sent to payroll in February. Entries made in the timecard on dates in January after the deadline (1/20/16) will not be extracted.