This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! 2015 State Appropriation Carryforward: State appropriation carryforward from fiscal year 2015 is under review. The Office of Budget Planning and Analysis will communicate the carryforward amounts once the review is complete.
- NEW! Campus Vendor: Earlier this week, we communicated information about new and current vendors. These changes should reduce data entry and ensure the accuracy and most up-to-date information for students, employees, and affiliates. These changes impact the creation of a new employee, affiliate or student campus vendors as well as the maintenance of biographical demographical information, like address and phone number, for existing students, employees and affiliates in their vendor record. More detailed information and links to related webinars, vendor documentation guidelines and training materials can be found in the memo linked here.
- NEW! See Fund Authorities in ConnectCarolina: If you have access to the Source Create option, you now also have access to a new option to view fund authorities brought over from FRS. Look for the FRS Fund Authority option on the same menu where you find the Source Create option. You can search for fund authorities by FRS account, source, the name of the account, the FRS trust request number, and by business unit. Then you can choose whether or not to show the ConnectCarolina source on the fund authority.
- REMINDER! New Finan$eer is live: The new Finan$eer is ready and available from the ConnectCarolina home page. As a reminder, for UNC Chapel Hill, only enhanced reporting users will be able to use the new Finan$eer.
- REMINDER! Legacy Finan$eer available until tonight: The legacy version of Finan$eer was extended until tonight so users had some time to compare the two versions. It will be unavailable after tonight.
- REMINDER! January month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Jan. 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.