To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: January 6, 2016
Subject: Calendar Year End Reminder, January EPA Deadline, Upcoming Training
Calendar Year End Information
The “Calendar Year End Information” document attached to this email message should be read first. It provides important information about the following Calendar Year End items:
- Negative Vacation and Sick Balances
- Calendar Year End Sign Off Deadlines
- Vacation Rollover
The “Using the Accrual Reporting Period Genie” and “Negative Year End Leave Instructions” documents are attached to this email message and will assist with identifying and processing negative Vacation and Sick balances in TIM at calendar year end. Also, a new ‘Accrual Reporting Period Genie‘ snippet has been posted online for your use.
Finally, the “Manual Carry Over Leave Balance Adjustment” document attached to this email message provides instructions for manually processing the Vacation Rollover for SPA permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75%, 80%, or 100% on January 1, 2016.
As mentioned in the ‘Calendar Year End Information’ document, please note that the EPA sign off deadline for December timecards has been moved up to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20. Payroll must sign off all timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
January EPA Termination Payout Deadline
- For EPA terminations occurring between January 1st and January 31st, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on January dates in the timecard.
- January timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on January 20 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
- Note: For terminated EPA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (1/20/16), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (2/1/16). Those entries will be sent to payroll in February. Entries made in the timecard on dates in January after the deadline (1/20/16) will not be extracted.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators- The attached document, “New TIM Administrator Class,” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 14, 2016. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the attached document.