This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! November Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of November. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all November transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Delay with PAAT Processing: PAAT processing is on hold, pending bug fixes. Users can still initiate and approve PAAT transactions, but they won’t be processed until these bugs are fixed. PAAT transactions were last processed on Dec. 2, 2015.
- NEW! New Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) CBT: Adjusting Funding Sources for Past Pay Periods Using PAAT, a new computer-based training, explains when to use PAAT and the difference between a PAAT adjustment and a Funding Swap ePAR. It also covers the steps you’ll need to take to create, manage and submit a PAAT adjustment.
- NEW! W-4 and NC-4 Access added to ConnectCarolina Employee Self Service Menu: Today, a formal notice was sent to all University employees about the availability of an employee’s own current NC-4 and W-4 withholding forms for federal and state of North Carolina taxes. Individuals who need technical assistance viewing their personal W-4 or NC-4 forms should contact the Help Desk at 962-HELP. Individuals should contact Payroll Services at email@example.com if they are unable to update their own W-4 or NC-4 after working with the Help Desk. Links to the memo and the help document can be found in the Online Employee Tax Forms webpage: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/online-employee-tax-forms/.
- NEW! Dates for Finan$eer Pushed Back: A group of Finan$eer users have been helping to test the new version of Finan$eer, and they uncovered some issues that needed to be fixed before it could be rolled out. As a result, the dates for turning off the old Finan$eer and for making the new one available have both been pushed to the end of December. Additional testing is scheduled for next week, and we’ll send more details as we know them.
- NEW! Update on ePrint and the Legacy Data Warehouses: There are some changes coming to security for ePrint and the legacy data warehouses. Read more details. The Legacy System Status and Decommissioning webpage has also been updated.
- NEW! Coming Soon: Changes to Campus Vendor Requests: Three changes are coming soon for the Campus Vendor Request system. We don’t have a specific date yet but will let you know as soon as we have one.
- Bio-demo information (such as address) will be pulled from the Student Administration part of ConnectCarolina. What this means is that you’ll no longer request changes to bio-demo information for employees, students, or affiliates through the Campus Vendor Request system. If changes are needed, the person being set up as a vendor needs to make the changes through the UNC Directory or through the Self Service option in ConnectCarolina. Or, an HR representative who has access to change bio/demo information can make the change. The address listed as HOME address for tax reporting (W-2, 1099. 1098T) is the only address that will be used in the Campus Vendor Request system.
- You’ll be able to request a new type of vendor class, called an Affiliate Vendor with PID. You’ll use this vendor class for all persons who are defined as affiliates in the HR/Payroll system (such as hospital employees). While this class is not yet available to choose on Campus Vendor pages, a small group of vendors have already been reclassed to Affiliate with PID. If you make an update to an existing vendor with a PID and you see “Invalid Value” displayed in the Classification field on the Vendor Data page, this is due to this ongoing work. This is a view only issue. The vendor is valid, it will not negatively affect your updates, and it does not affect adding new vendors.
- Employee banking information will be pulled from the Payroll system, so you’ll no longer be able to request changes through the Campus Vendor Request system. You can still request changes to banking information for other types of vendors, such as independent contractors, students, and affiliates with PIDs.
Learn more about these changes and ask any questions you have at the webinar on Wed., Dec. 16, 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Use this link to join the webinar.
- December CA Lockouts: The following are the remaining scheduled commitment accounting lockouts for December:
- Tuesday, Dec. 15, 7 to 10 pm
- Thursday, Dec. 17, 12:30 to 3 pm
As a reminder, during a CA lockout, no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users.
- December Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Tuesday, Dec. 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Delete Comments When Copying Requisitions: When you copy a requisition, the system also copies the requisition’s comments. Even if you clear the comment or change it, the system still keeps the old one. This causes confusion because you can’t see the old comment online, but when the buyer prints the requisition, both comments are there.
- Important: When copying requisitions, be sure to always remove the copied comment before clicking the Save and preview approvals button.
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.