This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! December Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Tuesday, Dec. 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! December CA Lockouts: The following are the scheduled commitment accounting lockouts for December:
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 17, 12:30 to 3 p.m.
As a reminder, during a CA lockout, no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users.
- NEW! New Campus Vendor class – “Affiliate w/PID”: As part of an ongoing initiative to accurately classify Campus Vendors with a PID, a new vendor class, “Affiliate w/PID,” was added to the Finance System. This class is not yet available to choose on Campus Vendor pages, but a small group of vendors have already been reclassed to Affiliate with PID. If you make an update to an existing vendor with a PID and you see “Invalid Value” displayed on the Vendor Data page, this is due to this ongoing work. It will not negatively affect your updates. This only applies to updates of the small group of existing vendors with a PID that have been reclassed and does not affect adding new vendors.
- NEW! Delete Comments When Copying Requisitions: When you copy a requisition, the system also copies the requisition’s comments. Even if you clear the comment or change it, the system still keeps the old one. This causes confusion because you can’t see the old comment online, but when the buyer prints the requisition, both comments are there.Important: When copying requisitions, be sure to always remove the copied comment before clicking the Save and preview approvals button.
- NEW! W-2 Access Added to ConnectCarolina Employee Self Service Menu: On Wednesday a formal notice was sent to all University employees about the availability of employees’ own 2014 W-2s. Individuals who need technical assistance viewing or printing their personal W-2 form should contact the Help Desk at 962-HELP. Individuals should contact Payroll Services at email@example.com if they are unable to print their W-2 after working with the Help Desk.The memo and the job aid document linked from the memo below have been translated and are posted to the Online Employee Tax Forms webpage: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/online-employee-tax-forms/.
- NEW! GradStar CBT: A computer-based training, Using GradStar to Make Award Adjustments and Splits, is now available. This course explains the difference between deleting and inactivating a GradStar award. It also covers the steps you’ll need to take to change a student’s estimated billing units and funding percentage and how to split a student’s award between two departments.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Finance Central Links: As of Nov. 4, all links on Finance Central were removed except the UNC-Account Request, Finan$eer, and ePrint. Most of these linked tools moved into ConnectCarolina, and the links for the systems that are staying, such as Web Travel, are available from ConnectCarolina. For more information, go to the legacy systems page on the ccinfo.unc.edu website.
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.