To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: November 13, 2015
Reminder – SPA Biweekly 10 (11/2–11/15) Sign-Off Deadline
The biweekly payroll close schedule for Biweekly 10 (11/2–11/15) has been changed. The early sign-off deadline is because of the short pay period close timeframe due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Biweekly 10 (11/2–11/15) must be signed off by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 16. Sign-off removal requests must be received by 4 p.m. that day.
Items to Note:
- In order to process payroll timely, the sign-off deadline will be strictly enforced. Payroll will sign off timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
- Employee and manager deadlines may need to be modified to meet the early sign-off deadline on Monday, Nov. 16. This is determined by Department management and should be communicated to your employees and managers in advance.
Reminder – November EPA Termination Payout Deadline
For EPA terminations occurring between Nov. 1-30, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 16, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on November dates in the timecard.
- November timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on Nov. 16 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
- Note: For terminated EPA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (11/16/15), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (12/1/15). Those entries will be sent to payroll in December. Entries made in the timecard on dates in November after the deadline (11/16/15) will not be extracted.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1– 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1–4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the document.