To: School/Division HR Officers and Secondary Contacts
MOU Financial Leads and Finance Council
From: Gena Carter, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
Mike Mathews, Interim Director of Academic Personnel
Date: October 28, 2015
The Appropriations Bill recently signed by Governor McCrory directs the payment of a one-time lump sum bonus of $750 to all permanent employees as noted below. Following are implementation details for your information:
- The one-time lump sum $750 bonus will be effective in December. The bonus will be included in B11 (payday Dec. 11) for eligible SPA employees and M06 (payday Dec. 22) for eligible EPA employees.
- All SPA permanent, probationary, trainee, and time-limited employees and all permanent EPA Faculty and Non-Faculty employees who were employed as of Nov. 1, 2015, are eligible for the bonus. The bonus will NOT be paid to employees who separated prior to Nov. 1 or who were hired effective Nov. 2 or later.
- Permanent part-time employees will be granted a pro-rata amount. Permanent full-time 9-month faculty are eligible to receive the full $750 bonus.
- The employee’s FTE as of Nov. 1 will determine whether they receive the full bonus or a pro-rated amount.
- Employees who were employed on Nov. 1 but terminated prior to the payout will receive the bonus.
- Employees on leave of absence, paid or unpaid, who are eligible for the bonus will receive it in December.
- Employees on short-term disability who are eligible for the bonus will receive it in December.
- Eligible employees remain eligible regardless of performance ratings, disciplinary actions, or placement at the top of their salary range.
- The bonus will be paid on the same fund source distribution as regular salary.
- Retirement contributions will not be deducted from the bonus payment.
- The bonus does not impact base salary or count towards pre-approval limits for any other salary adjustments that may occur during the remainder of the fiscal year.
Central offices will handle all necessary data extraction and administration to process these bonus payments; no action is required on your part.