This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- October Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Oct. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! Billing/Journal Change for University Mail Services: University Mail Services billing has been a part of the Facilities billing prior to Oct 2015. Beginning in October 2015, University Mail Services will appear as a separate Billing Area in Bill Presentation. This change will allow users to view the details of mail charges. As a part of this process change, if there are any validation or budget errors with the modified chartfield strings provided, the department’s campus default chartfield string will be used for the charge.
- NEW! Carolina Inn Billing Process Change: A business process change planned for October 2015 will change Carolina Inn billing to be handled as a journal instead of a voucher. This will change the way you need to complete a correcting entry. For charges billed prior to October 2015, you will need to select “Correcting Voucher JE.” When correcting journals in the future, use the Transaction Group “Correcting JE.” Note: Rizzo Center will continue to process charges to campus as a voucher.
- NEW! User Conference for Registered Users Only: More than 600 people registered for the User Conference and we’re looking forward to a great day of learning and connection. Registration is required to attend and we are at capacity! Only people who registered in advance can attend this event.
- Upcoming Release of the Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT): PAAT will be released in late October to replace the Short Term Retro tool used since last spring. Find out more about upcoming deadlines for actions in this tool and the timeline for the release of PAAT. Remember that Oct. 19 is the deadline to submit all actions, including approvals, for the short term retro tool. There will be an outage period of Oct. 20-27 when users cannot enter any retro actions. View the related web page or the related memo.
- Web Travel/P-Card Access: A memo was sent last week to MOU Financial Leads and Access Request Coordinators (ARCs) about changes to Web Travel and P-Card access. The InfoPorte Access Request Tool and the Finance System Access Form have been updated accordingly.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Reporting Requests In The Works: Several groups have asked for a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.