This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- September Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Wednesday, Sept. 30. It is critical that Journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! August Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) continue to work on August month-end close.
- NEW! Current Issues List: In response to campus user requests, the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, Current Issues Being Worked, has been reworked. This list contains current issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- NEW! Manual Checks: Information about a new manual check procedure and the accompanying form was sent to campus users earlier today. The purpose of the creating manual checks is to (1) generate an omitted payment for a newly hired employee or (2) to correct a payment for an employee who did not receive a correct payment.
Important Reminders and Resources
- VPN Secondary Password Changing Sept. 30: Do you access ConnectCarolina from off-campus using VPN? On Sept. 30 at 8 a.m., the secondary password for campus users who use the UNCCampus VPN group will be changed. Find the new password and VPN instructions at https://help.unc.edu/help/vpn-installation-and-clients/ . If you use a different VPN group (your school or division’s VPN, for example), this does not apply. Please check with your IT Support person for more information.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
- ConnectCarolina User Conference Scheduled for Oct. 21: The User Conference is a free, one-day event that provides an opportunity for users to learn how to get the most out of ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Go to the User Conference page to sign up for a reminder when conference registration opens.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.