This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! September Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Wednesday, Sept. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! Legacy Retro Salary Funding Adjustments: Earlier this week, we shared a reminder about the discontinuation of legacy retroactive salary funding adjustments. Please read this very important message for action required by Sept. 25.
- NEW! ABC Allocation: This evening, Sept. 11, 2015, the ABC (Automatic Budget Create) Allocation for sources with associated budgets will run for fiscal year 2016 periods 1 and 2 to pick up any adjustments to the associated revenue and post it in the current period (3). You may recall that for trust sources with associated budgets, recognized revenue (from a deposit or data collect batch journal, for example) triggers the creation of an expense budget journal. (These budget journal IDs begin with ABC.)
There are budget transactions in periods 1 and 2 that need to be adjusted against the associated revenue. We want to make sure you are aware of this because once this allocation is run you may see additional entries to your expense budgets. There could be several scenarios that cause a need for this adjustment, but the most common example we’ve seen, is when revenue was entered on a campus journal – thereby triggering ABC – and the campus journal was deleted, but the expense budget was not backed out. A permanent fix is being worked on to run the ABC Allocation YTD so it will always pick up prior period adjustments. You’ll be notified via this email once the permanent fix is in place.
You can find more information on associated budgets, including a webinar, here: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/training/resource-documents/#budgets.
Important Reminders and Resources
- ConnectCarolina Training Classes Added: The ConnectCarolina training schedule was recently filled in through the end of the calendar year. View the calendar to see all the Finance, HR/Payroll and Reporting classes available
- New Process to Request Reports: There is a new form and some new options for requesting new reports! Use this New Report Information Request Form and follow this process, which is outlined in printable PDF format.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
- ConnectCarolina User Conference Scheduled for Oct. 21: The User Conference is a free, one-day event that provides an opportunity for users to learn how to get the most out of ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Go to the User Conference page to sign up for a reminder when conference registration opens.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.