This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Bill Presentation: A new feature is now live in the Bill Presentation application! If a chartfield string is modified but the new string doesn’t pass budget check or chartfield check (“combo edit check”), Bill Presentation replaces the modified string with a default chartfield string. A new indicator displays in Bill Presentation beside the affected transaction to show that the modified chartfield string was changed. If you select the “yes” indicator, a small window will appear with the modified chartfield string and the error message. If you export the transactions to Excel, the modified chartfield string and the corresponding error message will be displayed along with the default chartfield string that was used when posting the transaction in ConnectCarolina.
- NEW! F&A Suspense Source Codes Clean Up: Today, a communication was sent to MOU Financial Leads as a follow up to year-end budget activity. Instructions about how to clean up balances on the F&A Suspense Source codes were shared. Please speak with your MOU Financial Lead about how these instructions apply to your school/department.
- NEW! September Payroll Calendar: Note a date change for the Monthly 03 deadline for September. The attached updated calendar reflects the new date for M03 Central Office approval deadline/Payroll lockout. This information is also being communicated to HR audiences.
- NEW! Tax Withholding Status of University Employees Working Outside N.C.: A recent communication was sent to HR Officers about system functionality that provides the University with the ability to withhold the state payroll tax of the state in which an employee resides and works if it is outside of North Carolina. We are now preparing to use this previously unavailable functionality beginning with the 2016 tax year.
- NEW! ConnectCarolina Training Classes Added: The ConnectCarolina training schedule was recently filled in through the end of the calendar year. View the calendar to see all the Finance, HR/Payroll and Reporting classes available.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Training for Customer Billing Management (CBM): A computer-based training, Using the Customer Billing Management (CBM) System, is now available. This self-paced course describes how billing areas use CBM to charge campus customers and explains the reconciliation timeline. It also covers how to modify current charges, how to create and apply Favorite chartfield strings and how to view and change default chartfield strings for your department.
- New Process to Request Reports: There is a new form and some new options for requesting new reports! Use this New Report Information Request Form and follow this process, which is outlined in printable PDF format.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
- ConnectCarolina User Conference Scheduled for Oct. 21: The User Conference is a free, one-day event that provides an opportunity for users to learn how to get the most out of ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Go to the User Conference page to sign up for a reminder when conference registration opens. Fill out a quick survey to tell us the topics would you like to see covered.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.