To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: August 14, 2015
Please review the document “Ensuring Timely Payment” for very important information about how to make sure your employees are paid in a timely manner.
In particular, please note the following:
- To ensure timely payment, you must hire employees successfully in ConnectCarolina within the week they start work. Timely payment cannot be guaranteed for employees hired in ConnectCarolina after the biweekly pay period has ended. You will likely need to enter REG ADJ historical edits in the current pay period in TIM for those employees.
- The effective date of a new hire or rehire action in ConnectCarolina must be the first date the employee can have hours worked applied to the new position in their timecard in TIM. Hours worked entered on dates before the effective date will not be assigned to a position number but will instead appear on an all zero account in the timecard and must be removed.
- Managers or TIM Administrators must select the correct secondary position number that is assigned to that particular employee in ConnectCarolina when making a transfer to a secondary position in the timecard. When making a transfer, all of the positions that are assigned to that Manager or TIM Administrator are listed in TIM, so they must be careful to select the correct position number to ensure payment.
- For terminating employees, dates worked and leave payouts entered in TIM must be on or before the Last Date Worked. Hours worked entered on dates after the last date worked will not be assigned to a position number but will instead appear on an all zero account in the timecard and must be removed.
- Termination leave payouts must be processed in the pay period in which the employee is terminated. After the timecard when the termination was effective has been signed off, you will NOT be able to process leave payouts in TIM.
- For EPA terminations occurring within the current month, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by the deadline communicated to TIM Administrators each month. EPA leave payouts entered on dates that are not in the current month, and EPA leave payout entries made in TIM after the deadline will not be extracted.