This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Direct Deposit Inactivation for Terminations: As a point of clarification, employees returning for the academic year who were placed on Short Work Break still have an HR status of Active, so these employees’ Direct Deposit will remain in place. In other words, employees on Short Work Break will not have their Direct Deposit inactivated.
Direct Deposit will be inactivated 90 days from the Termination Date on Job Data if the following conditions are met:
- HR Status is not equal to Active AND the Action Code = Termination. If both conditions are true and the employee has no other employee record that is still active, then the Direct Deposit will be inactivated 90 days from the term date on the latest termination.
- NEW! New Reports Webinar: New key reports are being released in InfoPorte! Details coming soon, but please mark your calendars for the webinar on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2-3 p.m. We plan to send out release notes on Monday. Click here for the webinar link.
- August Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, August 28, and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Monday, August 31. It is critical that Journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before Monday, August 31.
- New Process to Request Reports: There is a new form and some new options for requesting new reports! Use this New Report Information Request Form and follow this process, which is outlined in printable PDF format.
- Finding Budget Balances Guide: Check out the new Finding Budget Balances Guide for detailed instructions on finding your budget balance on the Ledger Rollups tabs in InfoPorte. The guide explains the difference between a budget balance, fund balance and cash balance, and shows how to export search results to Excel.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Associated Budgets Webinar: The Understanding Associated Budgets (For Anyone Who Works with Trust Funds) webinar that took place on July 30 was recorded and is now online. If you work with trust funds, it’s important you understand the Associated Budgets concept, and whether or not it applies to a particular trust source. Check out this recorded webinar to learn how associated budgets work, when it applies, and how it affects your available balance.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.