To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: August 11, 2015
Upcoming TIM Outage
TIM will be taken offline at 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 17, for a technical system update. During the downtime window, users will not be able to log in. We expect the system to be online again by 11 p.m.
Employees using Time Stamp will not be able to log in to record their times worked. All times in and out worked during the downtime must be submitted to the Manager or TIM Administrator for manual entry.
Employees using Badge Terminals will be able to swipe in and out for worked hours during the downtime. Functions such as View Timecard Totals, View Accrual Balances, and Time Off Notifications will not be available during the downtime period.
Employees using Teletime will not be able to call in to the phone system to record times worked during the extended Teletime downtime period. All times in and out worked during the extended downtime must be submitted to the Manager or TIM Administrator for manual entry.
Manual Time Entry
SPA Non-Exempt Employees using Manual Time Entry and SPA and EPA Exempt Employees will not be able to log into the TIM system during the downtime period. SPA Non-Exempt and SPA and EPA Exempt employees will be able to enter their data when TIM is back online.
August EPA Termination Payout Deadline
For EPA terminations occurring between Aug. 1-31, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on August dates in the timecard.
- August timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on August 20 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.