This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Early Monthly Preliminary Check Register: Effective July 24, individuals responsible for processing and validating monthly payroll actions will gain an additional day to validate monthly payroll transaction via the Preliminary Check Register available in InfoPorte. Beginning with the July Monthly Payroll and the July 24 payroll lockout for M01, we are in a trial phase of making the Preliminary Check Register available one day earlier that in the past, when it was available the morning after the published Payroll Lockout date. It will now be available after 9 a.m. on the morning of the published Payroll Lockout date for monthly payroll only. For your reference, a copy of the 2015 Monthly Lockout and Confirm Schedule is linked here.
- Note: Payroll Services is unable to provide the additional day of validation for biweekly payroll transactions, due to the necessary timing of the data import from TIM.
- NEW! Turning Off Legacy Systems: Last October, a number of the University’s administrative systems were replaced by ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Some of these legacy systems have already been turned off and soon, more of these systems will be decommissioned.
Find out more on the Legacy Systems page which we will continually update with additional details.
- NEW! Associated Budgets Webinar: Join us for a webinar, Understanding Associated Budgets (For Anyone Who Works with Trust Funds) on Thursday, July 30, 10-11 a.m. Associated budgets is a concept many have heard of, but few fully understand. If you work with trust funds, it’s important you understand the Associated Budgets concept, and whether or not it applies to a particular trust source. Tune in to this webinar to learn how associated budgets work, when it applies, and how it affects your available balance. Follow this link for more info.
- July Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Thursday, July 30.
Important Reminders and Resources
- August Town Hall: The next ConnectCarolina Town Hall is August 6 at 1:30 pm. Join us to learn about the latest ConnectCarolina updates.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.