This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! July Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Thursday, July 30.
- REMINDER! Month-End Close for GL: As of the second day after month-end close, any campus GL journal entries that are in edit error, budget error or have not been approved through workflow will have to be deleted by Accounting Services. Campus users should be aware that they now have the ability to delete GL journal entries that are not posted. It is the campus user’s responsibility to make sure journal entries are edited, budget-checked and approved through workflow. The date on journal entries cannot be changed and month-end close cannot take place with un-posted journal entries.
- NEW! CBM Default Accounts: Earlier today, a reminder related to default chartfield strings and the start of the new fiscal year was sent to campus users. The memo discusses reviewing the departmental default chartfield string for accuracy and appropriateness when using them for meals and amenities.
- NEW! Commitment Accounting Lockouts: CA lockouts will take place from 12:30 – 2 p.m. on both Tuesday, July 21 and Wednesday, July 22 so that we can distribute B01 (Tuesday) and S02 (Wednesday), respectively. The Tuesday daytime lockout replaces the scheduled Tuesday nighttime lockout.
As a reminder, the HR/Payroll system will be locked out on each payroll confirm day so that a Commitment Accounting process can be run to ensure the correct distribution of payroll actuals. During this “CA lockout,” no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users.
Important Reminders and Resources
- NEW! June Video Update: Learn about changes in ConnectCarolina made in June via this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2bBEfWSnwI
- NEW! August Town Hall: The next ConnectCarolina Town Hall is August 6 at 1:30 pm. Join us to learn about the latest ConnectCarolina updates.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.