This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Labor Projections: Projections for the remaining payrolls in FY2016 (B01-B25 and M01-M12) have been posted. The projections for B01 do not include the first two days, since they were worked in FY2015.
- NEW! Web Travel Groups and Routes for New Departments: Some areas have created new departments that went in to effect on July 1. If any of these departments use the Web Travel system, your FRED / Web Travel Administrator will need to go in to the Web Travel system and create groups and routes for those new departments. Information on creating groups and routes can be found at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/
- NEW! PeopleSoft Queries: The list of queries in RPT is continually updated and can be found here. Since the initial set of queries was released in April, additional queries have been added for various purposes, including: viewing source balances in combination with various chartfields, managing vendor payments, and the JE upload process. The query list also includes an addendum with definitions of the query prompts. Note: Queries in RPT are available to a select set of users with enhanced access.
- NEW! Commitment Control Budget Definitions: Earlier this week, MOU Financial Leads received additional information about Commitment Control budget definitions for FY 15-16. Please see your MOU Financial Lead for more information about how this affects your unit.
Important Reminders and Resources
- TIP! Creating Requisitions for the New Fiscal Year: When creating requisitions for the new year, remember that there is a “copy” feature on requisitions so that you can copy last year’s requisition and then delete or adjust lines as necessary.
- Finance Menu > eProcurement > Manage Requisitions
- Change status from “All but complete” to “Completed”; change start date to 10/1/2014; enter requisition number and remove requestor’s name or enter requestor and it will return all for that requestor.
- Go to the line with the requisition you want and from the far right drop-down menu, select “Copy Requisition”.
This tip is from Martha Pendergrass, Procurement Services.
- NEW! ePro Vendor Catalog Helpful Tips: This new quick reference addresses commonly asked questions and provides top tips for getting the most out of ePro.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.