To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: July 7, 2015
Leave Accrual for Fiscal Year-End Reminder
It is imperative that TIM is updated with the leave data for each employee so that leave hours as of June 30, 2015, are reported accurately and timely.
- If you have employees who have not reported their leave taken, you should follow up with them now.
- When making Historical Edits, you must use an effective date of June 30, 2015, or earlier to ensure the edit is included in the balances for fiscal year-end.
Sign-Off Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End
- SPA Sign-off Deadline- 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- EPA Sign-off Deadline- 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, 2015
NOTE – The EPA sign-off deadline has changed to allow for leave transfer and processing. Please inform EPA faculty and staff to ensure that June leave is reported timely. The SPA sign-off deadline has not changed.
Sign-off will be applied to employees who have not been signed off by the deadline.
Holiday Reminders for the Holiday on Friday, July 3, 2015
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime and are no longer assigned to the Holiday Pending Approval pay code. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will insert a row and enter the “Holiday Premium” pay code and the amount of hours worked on the holiday.
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SPA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SPA part time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on the holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive holiday hours, insert a row on the day with the holiday and enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard.
*** Employees in an “On Leave” status may appear as active in TIM. If an employee On Leave appears in your list in TIM, you must enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard to ensure the employee is not paid for the Holiday hours.
July EPA Termination Payout Deadline
For EPA terminations occurring between July 1-31, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 23, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline. July timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on July 23 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1–4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 16, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the document.