This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
SPECIAL EDITION! TIME-SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- NEW! Data Warehouse and InfoPorte updated: PO Rollover processing will occur tonight, June 30. As a result, data in the warehouse and InfoPorte will not be updated tonight.
- NEW! System availability during year-end close: Unlike in prior years, the year-end close process WILL NOT require that systems be offline for a certain amount of time. ConnectCarolina financial systems will remain online and operational through the year-end close process unless otherwise noted.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Reminder! Bio-Rad Shipping Freeze: Due to an internal system update at Bio-Rad, orders will continue to be accepted but neither ePro Vendor Catalog nor non-ePro Vendor Catalog orders will be shipped from Wednesday, July 1 until Sunday, July 5. Shipping will resume gradually beginning Monday, July 6. Due to the shipping freeze from Bio-Rad during this time, campus users are encouraged to make needed purchases in advance to ensure supplies are on hand.
- Reminder! Crunchtime Hotline: Join us for a daily conference call beginning at 4 p.m. Calls will take place this weekend at 2 p.m. also, given the volume of year-end work being done. For more info, visit: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/user-groups/crunchtime-hotline/.
- Year-End Deadlines: Please use the memo and checklist as a guide during this first year-end close! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.