This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Short-Term Retros Fix Reminder: Just a reminder that the last biweekly payroll paid in June (B25) has a pay period end date of 6/14/15. June monthly (M12) has a pay period end date of 6/30/15. This is the date that will appear in the short-term retros fix tool if you need create retros for that pay period. The tool displays the pay period by pay end date, not paycheck date.
- NEW! Additional Fiscal Year-End Info: In addition to the remaining critical dates listed in the FYE memo, note the following new info/deadlines:
- Biweekly B25 payroll paid June 26 was posted Tuesday, June 23.
- June Monthly payroll paid June 30 was posted Thursday, June 25.
- Retro submissions that involve changes to contracts and grants and require OSR approval must be must be submitted by 7 p.m., Friday, June 26 to be guaranteed for posting this fiscal year. Please be reminded that adjustments to contracts and grants on pay periods less than 90 days old will not require OSR approval. All other non-C &G retro submissions must be submitted and approved by 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 28 to be posted this fiscal year.
- PO Rollover processing will occur the night of June 30. As a result, data in the warehouse and InfoPorte will not be updated the night of June 30.
- NEW! New PS Queries in RPT: Several new PeopleSoft queries are available and allow users to view budget, encumbrance, actuals and available balances by source in combination with various other chartfield strings. These are for enhanced users and are in the RPT environment.
- NC_CPS_KK_SOURCE_FUND_SUM – Source-Fund summary KK data by State, F&A and Trust ledgers
- NC_CPS_KK_SOURCE_FUND_DEPT – Source-Fund-Dept summary KK data by State, F&A and Trust ledgers
- NEW! InfoPorte SAS Reports: The SAS Foundation Report is now available! Remember that Income Statement and the Summer Salary and Overloads Payment Report are also live. More information about these and other reports can be found by viewing the Quick Reference Guide to Finance Reporting.
- NEW! Bio-Rad Shipping Freeze: Due to an internal system update at Bio-Rad, orders will continue to be accepted but neither ePro Vendor Catalog nor non-ePro Vendor Catalog orders will be shipped from Wednesday, July 1 until Sunday, July 5. Shipping will resume gradually beginning Monday, July 6. Due to the shipping freeze from Bio-Rad during this time, campus users are encouraged to make needed purchases in advance to ensure supplies are on hand.
- NEW! CBM Updates: This week, two updates were rolled out in CBM. The following enhancements are included in the Customer Billing Management training guide:
- When you are modifying charges, allow you to choose from favorite chartfield strings.
- Provide a way for you to see transactions we couldn’t send to ConnectCarolina because they failed chartfield or budget checking and the default account failed checking as well.
- NEW! Crunchtime Hotline: Join us for a daily conference call beginning at 4 p.m. Calls will take place this weekend at 2 p.m. also, given the volume of year-end work being done. For more info, visit: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/user-groups/crunchtime-hotline/.
- NEW! Year-End Petty Cash Corrections: Earlier this week, a communication regarding petty cash corrections was sent to campus groups. Review it at https://finance.unc.edu/news/2015/06/24/year-end-petty-cash-corrections/.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Year-End Deadlines: Please use the memo and checklist as a guide during this first year-end close! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogs and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.