This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Guide to the Finance Reports: Today we are launching a new guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses. You can find the guide at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/.All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
The guide is searchable and includes report descriptions, tips for how to use the reports and links to related training. The guide includes key terms, FAQs and a way to submit reporting questions, and is printable as a PDF. This guide was created as a direct response to campus needs and requests, and we hope you will continue to suggest items for content.
- NEW! Web Travel Reporting Function: An enhancement has been made to the Web Travel system that allows users to generate travel reports. A “Travel Reports” link has been added to the menu options in Web Travel. Reports can be generated for Travel Authorizations, Reimbursements and Airfare based on Travel, Document and/or Chartfield Information. Please note that the Originating Department(s) field is required for any search. The Web Travel training guide is being updated and the new version will be posted next week at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/.
- NEW! InfoPorte SAS Reports: The Income Statement is now available. The Foundation Report is still offline while it is being validated. The Summer Salary and Overloads Payment Report is now live. See the detailed release notes at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/release-notes/.
- NEW! CBM New Features: Based on campus feedback, CBM has two new features:
- Multi-line edit option: Allows users to edit multiple lines at the same time, as long as the lines are from the same Billing Unit. This feature can be used to apply the same chartfield string to multiple lines at the same time.
- Improved data filter: The “Show Filter Row” feature easily filters each column, and when you make a change to the chartfield string, you no longer lose your filter.
More detail about these features can be found on pages 9-13 of the CBM training manual located at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/. In addition to these enhancements, the team fixed a reported problem related to the Account field. Now, when you tab out of the Account field, the account no longer changes.
- NEW! P-card reminder: This month, the P-card upload happens on the 20th of the month, which is the normal deadline for monthly reconciliation. As usual, these entries will be posted by Monday, June 22. June 22 is the deadline for journal uploads for state fund corrections, while June 26 is the deadline for all other fund corrections.
- NEW! Auto Deletion of Campus Vouchers: Earlier this week, we reminded affected users and MOU Leads of the auto deletion process as part of fiscal year-end closing. This change was communicated in an April 29 memo to campus user groups, included in the May 1 Finance Update and in the Fiscal Year-End Checklist. Every user that entered one of the auto deleted vouchers received an email telling them that the respective voucher was deleted and why it was deleted. IMPORTANT: Any vouchers that still need to be paid must be re-entered into the system. Vouchers entered now will be held for processing until July 1 and will be charged to fiscal year 2016 budgets.
- NEW! Cancelled Requisitions: Effective June 15 at 5 p.m., any requisitions that had not been budget checked and fully approved, were cancelled as part of fiscal year-end closing. This was communicated to campus user groups via the Fiscal Year End Dates and Deadlines memo. IMPORTANT: Do not re-open these requisitions; they will be canceled again if you do so. Requisitions that need to be paid must be entered as a new requisition. Requisitions entered now will be charged to fiscal year 2016 budgets. If you have any questions about the campus voucher auto-deletion process or the requisition cancellation, please contact email@example.com.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Year-End Deadlines: Please use the memo and checklist as a guide during this first year-end close! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.