To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: June 15, 2015
Hiring SPA Employees
New hire and rehire actions should be originated and approved in ConnectCarolina before the employee starts work.
- If for some reason this has not occurred, the action must be approved in ConnectCarolina by 3 p.m. on Friday in the week the employee starts work in order for the employee to be available in TIM for the initial pay cycle and to ensure timely payment.
Hire Effective Date
The effective date of the new hire or rehire action in ConnectCarolina is the first date of employment and the first date that the employee can enter hours in TIM.
- To ensure timely payment, entries must be made in the timecard in TIM on or after the hire effective date.
- ONYENs are often received one day after a new hire or rehire is imported into TIM. Therefore, the employee may not be able to log into TIM to capture their times worked on their first day. Please inform managers that they must enter the employee’s times in and out in the timecard in TIM on or after the hire effective date.
Job End Date & Last Date Worked
It is very important that the job end date and last date worked in ConnectCarolina are accurate. Please note that SPA Temporary and Student employees will be terminated in ConnectCarolina when the job end date occurs. Their last date worked will be one day before the job end date.
- To ensure timely payment, entries must be made in the timecard in TIM on or before the last date worked. This includes termination payout entries.
- Hours must not be entered in timecards after the employee’s last date worked.
Terminating SPA Employees
Termination actions should be originated and approved in ConnectCarolina within the pay period in which the employee is terminated.
- To ensure the employee’s leave balances are paid out and hours are charged to the correct position number in ConnectCarolina, terminations must be approved in ConnectCarolina by 3 p.m. on the last Friday in the pay period the SPA employee is terminated.
- Employees will appear in TIM until the termination action has been approved or the job end date has passed. Hours must not be entered on dates when the employee does not have an active position in TIM.
Secondary Position Transfers in TIM
Managers or TIM Administrators must select the correct secondary position number that is assigned to that employee in ConnectCarolina when making a transfer to a secondary position in the timecard. When making a transfer, all of the positions that are assigned to that Manager or TIM Administrator are listed in TIM, so they must be careful to select the correct position number to ensure payment.
- Hours on a position that is not assigned to that employee in ConnectCarolina will not be processed.
- Employees in Secondary Positions must transfer to that position in TIM before the Manager or TIM Administrator will be able to see the employee in TIM. Therefore, when employees in secondary positions come to work, they should be instructed to transfer and capture their time in TIM on their secondary position as soon as they are able to log in.