This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! May month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of May. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all May transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- REMINDER! Year-End Deadlines: Today marks the beginning of a series of key dates for fiscal year end. Please use the memo and checklist as a guide during this first year-end close! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
- NEW! Short-Term Retro Tool Suspense Reports: A new report is now available to users of the Retroactive Funding Transfer Application (short-term retro tool). The short-term retro suspense reports show the amount of labor expenses that have been charged to suspense accounts on a per person, per pay period basis. The report also shows the retros submitted to date for those people and pay periods to display a ‘net’ balance of what remains in suspense. The report data originates from the campus data warehouse as well as from the short-term retro tool. This report allows users to quickly see the status of short-term retro tool actions so that labor expenses still in suspense or in process can be addressed before fiscal year end. It can be accessed through the ‘Reports’ menu in the Retroactive Funding Transfer Application (short-term retro tool), and is available to anyone who has access to the tool. A new training document, Running the Retroactive Suspense Report, includes request status definitions and is posted on the Resources page: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/training/resource-documents/#HRPayroll.
- Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. More information and training materials are available.
- PO Inquiries: Due to campus requests, a section on PO Inquiry has been added to the Purchasing and Receiving Useful Info Quick Reference Card. You can use these PO inquiries to find how much of a PO has been paid, and other information. The reference card can be found here.
- Reconciling Expense and Revenue Transactions: Check out the new overview of the InfoPorte Finance application, financial concepts that you should know when working with Finance reporting information, guidance and step by step instructions for finding transactions you need to reconcile, and knowing how to read the results. This is available in ConnectCarolina Online Help, and in a new PDF.
- InfoPorte SAS Reports: The Income Statement is now available. The Foundation Report is still offline while it is being validated. Additionally, new reports to help with fiscal year-end will be available on Monday, June 15. We will issue release notes on Monday; these will be on the Reporting page of the ccinfo website. Join us on Tuesday, June 16 at 1 -2 p.m. for a webinar on the latest reports release. More information will be communicated soon.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Auto Vendor Catalog Requisition Cancellation: In preparation for year-end, the system will begin automatically cancelling any ePro Vendor Catalog requisition more 30 days old where an order has not been created. On Monday, June 15, ALL ePro Vendor Catalog requisitions that have not been sourced will be cancelled, requiring them to be reentered if a new order is appropriate. Beginning June 16, users can begin placing orders on fiscal year 2016 funding.
- Timing of Transactions from ConnectCarolina to InfoPorte: Transactions entered in ConnectCarolina appear in InfoPorte the next day, not immediately. Some transactions — particularly payroll and some procurement transactions such as canceling a purchase order — may not be available in InfoPorte until the following Monday (because they are processed over a weekend).
- June Finance User Group Meeting: The topic will be Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation. Join us June 19 in Room 103 of the Stone Center.
- Interest in CBM/Bill Presentation Training: In an effort to determine what Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation training is needed, we are asking for your input. If you are interested in viewing or attending CBM/BP training, please email your interest to email@example.com. Note: This is not a registration for training, but a request for a “show of hands” to determine training needs.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.