This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- BREAKING NEWS! Updates to InfoPorte SAS Reports: The Income Statement is now available. The Foundation Report is still offline while it is being validated.
- NEW! Chartfield Checker Tool: Use the new Chartfield Checker to validate a chartfield string to make sure it passes budget check and to ensure that you are using a valid combination of chartfield values. Click for more information and training materials.
- NEW! Short-Term Retro Tool Suspense Reports: A new report is now available to users of the Retroactive Funding Transfer Application (short-term retro tool). The short-term retro suspense reports show the amount of labor expenses that have been charged to suspense accounts on a per person, per pay period basis. The report also shows the retros submitted to date for those people and pay periods to display a “net” balance of what remains in suspense. The report data originates from the campus data warehouse as well as from the short-term retro tool. This report allows users to quickly see the status of short-term retro tool actions so that labor expenses still in suspense or in process can be addressed before fiscal year end. It can be accessed through the “Reports” menu in the Retroactive Funding Transfer Application (short-term retro tool), and is available to anyone who has access to the tool.
- NEW! PO Inquiries: Due to campus requests, a section on PO Inquiry has been added to the Purchasing and Receiving Useful Info Quick Reference Card. You can use these PO inquiries to find how much of a PO has been paid, and other information. The reference card can be found here.
- NEW! Reconciling Expense and Revenue Transactions: Check out the new overview of the InfoPorte Finance application, financial concepts that you should know when working with Finance reporting information, guidance and step by step instructions for finding transactions you need to reconcile, and knowing how to read the results. This is available in ConnectCarolina Online Help, and in a new PDF.
- REMINDER! Timing of Transactions from ConnectCarolina to InfoPorte: Transactions entered in ConnectCarolina appear in InfoPorte the next day, not immediately. Some transactions — particularly payroll and some procurement transactions such as canceling a purchase order — may not be available in InfoPorte until the following Monday (because they are processed over a weekend).
- NEW! Reporting: New reports to help with fiscal year-end will be available on Monday, June 15. We will issue release notes on Monday; these will be on the Reporting page of the ccinfo website. Join us on Tuesday, June 16 at 1 -2 p.m. for a webinar on the latest reports release. More information will be communicated soon.
- Year-End Deadlines: Friday, June 12, marks the beginning of a series of key dates for fiscal year end. Please use the memo and checklist as a guide during this first year-end close! Remember that there is not one month-end close date for June, but rather there are a series of month- and year-end close dates.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Year-End Checklist Available for Campus: To aid with Year-End planning on campus, a “Fiscal Year-End 2015 Task Checklist for Campus” file is available on the ConnectCarolina Information website. This checklist is a supplement to the Year-End memo sent to campus on May 5.
- Year-End Close Prep Course: There are multiple sessions of the course Preparing for Year-End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. Refer to the ConnectCarolina training calendar for dates and times.
- Short-Term Retro Tool: We have received questions about the various statuses available in the short-term retro tool. Information about status designations is on page 13 of the Entering a Retroactive Funding Swap training document.
- June Finance User Group Meeting: The topic will be Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation. Join us June 19 in Room 103 of the Stone Center.
- ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte Survey and Video: Check out the video on four key updates regarding ConnectCarolina and take the survey. This survey is anonymous. However, if you would like to be entered in a drawing to win iTunes gift cards, please enter your email address at the end of this survey.
- Interest in CBM/Bill Presentation Training: In an effort to determine what Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation training is needed, we are asking for your input. If you are interested in viewing or attending CBM/BP training, please email your interest to email@example.com. Note: This is not a registration for training, but a request for a “show of hands” to determine training needs.
- REMINDER! Auto Vendor Catalog Requisition Cancellation: In preparation for year-end, the system will begin automatically cancelling any ePro Vendor Catalog requisition more 30 days old where an order has not been created. The first such cancellation process will run early next week. On June 15, ALL ePro Vendor Catalog requisitions that have not been sourced will be cancelled, requiring them to be reentered if a new order is appropriate. Beginning June 16, users can begin placing orders on fiscal year 2016 funding.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.