This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Managing Departmental Suspense: Earlier today, a communication included instructions for managing current charges in suspense and provided additional information on recent changes to reduce the number of expenses going to suspense.
- NEW! CLARIFICATION! Sole Source Purchase Orders: With fiscal year-end approaching, Procurement Services would like to remind departments of the rules governing sole source purchase orders. HB975 allows greater flexibility to UNC-Chapel Hill, so please remember when moving funds on a PO, “purchasing flexibility” funds cannot be moved to a source that does not support flexibility. If your department has questions on this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW! Petty Cash Voucher Corrections: Campus can now use Correct Voucher Journal Entry Transaction group in the Campus Journal Entry System to correct single Pay Petty Cash Vouchers.
- NEW! Auto Vendor Catalog Requisition Cancellation: For the past several months, requestors and approvers have been contacted by project team staff with lists of ePro Vendor Catalog requisitions that are in a status other than Complete and have not been sourced for more than 30 days. Users are instructed to cancel the ePro Vendor Catalog order, since the vendor will not honor the past price, and place a new order if appropriate.
In preparation for year-end, the system will begin automatically cancelling any ePro Vendor Catalog requisition more 30 days old where an order has not been created. The first such cancellation process will run early next week. On June 15, ALL ePro Vendor Catalog requisitions that have not been sourced will be cancelled, requiring them to be reentered if a new order is appropriate. Beginning June 16, users can begin placing orders on fiscal year 2016 funding.
- NEW! Interest in CBM/Bill Presentation Training: In an effort to determine what Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation training is needed, we are asking for your input. If you are interested in viewing or attending a CBM/BP training, please email your interest to email@example.com. Note: This is not a registration for training, but a request for a “show of hands” to determine training needs.
- NEW! InfoPorte SAS Reports Update:
- The Funding Balance Report is being renamed as the GL Fund Balance Report to more accurately represent the purpose of this report. This report has been officially reviewed for accuracy and is available to campus users.
- The SAS reports titled Foundation Report and Income Statement will be taken offline this weekend (May 30-31) for data validation and review of report presentation. At this time, the data in these reports have the potential for being inaccurate. These reports will be re-released as they are validated.
- Please note that the BMS report and the Funding Report (an HR SAS report) have already been taken offline this week and will be included in the InfoPorte 6.6 release in June. You can see the planned reports for that release on the In the Works webpage.
Important Reminders and Resources
- NEW! June Finance User Group Meeting: The topic will be Customer Billing Management and Bill Presentation. Join us June 19 in Room 103 of the Stone Center.
- April Month-end Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of April. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all April transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- Year-End Checklist Available for Campus: To aid with Year-End planning on campus, a “Fiscal Year-End 2015 Task Checklist for Campus” file is available on the ConnectCarolina Information website. This checklist is a supplement to the Year-End memo sent to campus on May 5.
- Timing of Check Register Availability in InfoPorte: Payroll has provided a handy guide on when prelim and finalized check registers can be viewed in InfoPorte. Check it out here.
- Query Update: Two new queries to help manage vendor payments are now available to campus users. A reference for each of these queries has been added to the Preparing for Year End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions student guide, beginning on page 41. The student guide can be found at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/219/2015/05/Preparing-for-Year-End-Close-Reviewing-Open-Transactions1.pdf.
- Reconciling Transactions Training: Learn how to verify your transactions and know your balances in the new Reconciling Transactions in InfoPorte computer-based training module.
- Year-End Close Prep Course: There are multiple sessions of the course Preparing for Year-End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. Refer to the ConnectCarolina training calendar for dates and times.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.