This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! April month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of April. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all April transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Issue with lump sum awards: Project staff recently discovered that Lump Sum payments of Award type only were distributed to employees’ current job data sources instead of to the sources supplied on the Lump Sum ePAR because of a procedural error. Payroll Services is implementing steps to prevent this from occurring in the future.
- A report of Lump Sum Award Payments that may have been distributed incorrectly will be SENT to the School/Division ConnectCarolina Liaisons for review. If you have payments that have been distributed incorrectly, you will need to use the Retro Funding Swap-Post 10/1 tool to correct the distribution. We apologize for this error.
- NEW! Timing of check register availability in InfoPorte: Payroll has provided a handy guide on when prelim and finalized check registers can be viewed in InfoPorte. Check it out here.
- NEW! Query update: Two new queries to help manage vendor payments are now available to campus users. A reference for each of these queries has been added to the Preparing for Year End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions student guide, beginning on page 41. The student guide can be found at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/219/2015/05/Preparing-for-Year-End-Close-Reviewing-Open-Transactions1.pdf.
Important Reminders and Resources
- May Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries, data collect batches and journal uploads should be received by Accounting Services by close of business on Thursday, May 28. All types of campus journal entries that are not received by Accounting Services before May 28, should be deleted by campus users. Otherwise, they will be deleted by Accounting Services.
- InfoPorte 6.5 release: On Monday, May 18, the latest version of InfoPorte was released to campus. More information can be found at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/219/2015/05/InfoPorte-6-5-Release-Notes_05-18.pdf.
- Reconciling Transactions Training: Learn how to verify your transactions and know your balances in the new Reconciling Transactions in InfoPorte computer-based training module.
- Year-End Close Prep Course: There are multiple sessions of the course Preparing for Year-End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. Refer to the ConnectCarolina training calendar for dates and times.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.