This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Year-End checklist available for campus: To aid with Year-End planning on campus, a “Fiscal Year-End 2015 Task Checklist for Campus” file has been posted on the ConnectCarolina Information website. This checklist is a supplement to the Year-End memo sent to campus on May 5.
- NEW! InfoPorte outage this weekend: InfoPorte will be down from Friday, May 15, at 6 p.m. through Sunday, May 17, at 1 p.m. for a system upgrade.
- NEW! InfoPorte 6.5 release next week: On Monday, May 18, the latest version of InfoPorte will be released to campus. Users can learn more about the release in a live webinar from 2-3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19. The webinar can be viewed at this link, and technical assistance is available on this page.
- NEW! Student Administration outage on Monday: There will be an outage affecting the Student Administration component of ConnectCarolina on Monday, May 18, beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at approximately midnight as part of the Summer I census activities. See the System Status page for more information.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Reconciling Transactions Training: Learn how to verify your transactions and know your balances in the new Reconciling Transactions in InfoPorte computer-based training module.
- Year-End Close Prep Course: There are multiple sessions of the course Preparing for Year-End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. Refer to the ConnectCarolina training calendar for dates and times.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.