To: University Business Managers
Finance and Accounting Employees
From: Troy Howell, Finance Training Coordinator
Date: May 18, 2015
There will be an outage affecting the Student Administration component of ConnectCarolina on Monday, May 18, beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at approximately midnight as part of the Summer I census activities. Census is the official University enrollment reporting date.
Due to the need to “freeze” the database to take the census snapshot, users will not be able to access ConnectCarolina Student Admin screens beginning at 5 p.m. on May 18. Faculty, students and staff will NOT be able to access ConnectCarolina Student functions during this time.
The Finance component is NOT affected by this outage. However, the ePAR hire form for HR/Payroll is impacted, as are some services related to Onyen, PID and Guest ID.
During the May 18 outage, the following functions may experience limited and/or no functionality:
- The following ConnectCarolina applications, including:
- Student Administration
- Third Party Proxy Access
- ePAR hire form
- TouchNet (students and third party proxies cannot pay bills; applicants cannot pay enrollment deposits)
- Some Guest ID and Onyen update services
- PID Create
- UNC Directory (lookups available, but not updates)
- UNC Online Applications for enrollment (Summer School, Nursing, Part-time Studies, etc.)
- Friday Center Applications (CPPSReg, PDEPReg, CEU, FCCPS)