To: MOU Leads
Research Administration Support Group
From: Martha Pendergrass, Director, Procurement Services
Date: April 29, 2015
In order to expedite month-end closing processes, we will soon begin automatically deleting campus vouchers that would otherwise delay the closing process. Although this process will be implemented for the first time since Oct. 1, a similar auto-deletion took place in legacy systems. Vouchers in the old check request system were deleted in 90 days if they were left in “Incomplete” status, i. e, they were never submitted for approval. This was done due to limited storage space. We are beginning auto deletion in ConnectCarolina due to the length of time it takes for the processes to run at the end of the month and the requirement that fiscal year end cannot be closed if there are any open vouchers.
Beginning Friday, May 1, automated processes will be put in place to do the following on an ongoing basis (NOT just at year end):
- Delete all campus vouchers in Denied status and it’s been more than 90 days since they were denied.
- Delete all campus vouchers that were created but “Never Submitted,” and it’s been more than 30 days since they were entered.
- Delete all campus vouchers that were submitted but not approved by department-level approvers and it’s more than 30 days since they were entered.
On May 1, we will run all processes to clean up vouchers from 2014. On Friday, May 8, we will begin the ongoing process as stated above relative to 90 days, 60 days, and 30 days.
That means on May 1 the following would occur:
- All denied vouchers through December 31, 2014, would be deleted.
- All not submitted vouchers through December 31, 2014, would be deleted.
- All submitted vouchers not approved at departmental level through December 31, 2014, would be deleted.
Then on the weekend of May 8, the following would occur and then continue on a daily basis:
- All denied vouchers through approximately February 8, 2015, would be deleted.
- All never submitted vouchers through approximately April 8, 2015, would be deleted.
- All submitted vouchers not approved at departmental level through approximately April 8, 2015, would be deleted.
These automated processes should be beneficial as we prepare for fiscal year end. Please email any questions to Martha Pendergrass at firstname.lastname@example.org.