This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Salary Projections Report: Labor encumbrance funds were removed last month from ConnectCarolina and these funds are no longer reserved. A memo sent earlier today announced a new report in InfoPorte, released on April 6, that projects labor expenses through the end of the fiscal year. Right now, only earnings are included; however, benefit and tax projections will be available next week.
- NEW! Budget Definitions: Earlier today, an updated memo regarding the Final Changes in PeopleSoft Commitment Control Budget Definitions for FY 15-16 was sent to MOU Leads and Business Managers.
- NEW! System Outage: ConnectCarolina will be unavailable on Sat., April 18, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for maintenance. Please plan accordingly.
- NEW! ePARs with effective dates in FY 2016: Because the FY2016 HR budget information has not yet been established in ConnectCarolina, HR actions that include funding and have an effective date of July 1, 2015, or later are being stopped at Integration Broker. We are currently testing to ensure that these actions will flow through to the system once the FY2016 budgets are established in late April/early May. To lessen any possibility of rework, we recommend that you delay entering any actions that include funding and have an effective date on or after July 1. We will communicate with you as soon as we know the outcome of our testing.
- NEW! InfoPorte 6.4: InfoPorte 6.4 was released to campus on Monday, April 6. Release notes and the link to an explanatory recorded webinar are posted at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/release-notes/.
- NEW! HR/Payroll Monthly Calendar: Some campus users have asked for the link to the HR/Payroll Monthly Calendar for use during the approvals process. Thanks to Kathy Bryant in OHR Communications for this resource!
- REMINDER: Department changes deadline: The deadline to request changes to department structure is April 15. Please ensure that you have discussed any needs in your school/division with your MOU Lead, who is responsible for making all requests.
- NEW! April User Group Meeting: Please spread the word about the April 17 User Group meeting in Room G100 of the Genome Sciences Building from 11 a.m. – Noon. You can attend in person or via webinar. The topic is “Preparing for Year-End.” Details for both the meeting and webinar are here: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/user-groups/.
- Year-End Close Prep Course: There are multiple sessions of the course Preparing for Year-End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. Refer to the ConnectCarolina training calendar for dates and times.
- Consolidated Info from Finance Updates: A table that consolidates information from all Finance daily/weekly updates is now online, organized by topic and searchable on the ccinfo website>Finance tab: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/finance/ .
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.