To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: April 6, 2015
Holiday Reminders for the Spring Holiday on Friday, April 3, 2015
- Holidays do not always appear in future or current pay periods. They will appear when the Holiday is in the current week.
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime and are no longer assigned to the Holiday Pending Approval pay code. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will insert a row and enter the “Holiday Premium” pay code and the amount of hours worked on the holiday.
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SPA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SPA part time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on each holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive a holiday, insert a row on the day with the holiday and enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard.
- *** Employees in an ‘On Leave’ status may appear as active in TIM. If an employee On Leave appears in your list in TIM, you must enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard to ensure the employee is not paid for the Holiday hours.
Adverse Weather Payback Reminders- DUE Sunday, April 5!
- TIM Administrators must identify employees with negative Adverse Weather Expired balances in TIM and then use a payback leave pay code, additional hours worked in a week with leave taken or a Holiday, or docked pay, so that employees have paid back these hours in TIM by Sunday, April 5.
- TIM Administrators will be able to make any needed adverse weather payback entries until the biweekly pay period is signed off at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7. TIM Administrators will need to make sure all pay back entries have been entered in TIM before the sign off deadline and that the hours are paid back in the timecard by April 5.
- For more information about how to identify employees and make payback entries in TIM, please review carefully the email and attachments sent to TIM Administrators in January: https://finance.unc.edu/news/2015/01/08/adverse-weather-policy-changes/.
April EPA Termination Payout Deadline
- For EPA terminations occurring between April 1st and April 30th, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 20, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline. March timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on April 20 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- EPA employees that have active EPA Faculty positions in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) after having had a Non-Faculty position terminated might not have their leave payouts entered in TIM sent to Payroll, since Faculty employees do not receive leave payouts. If you have an employee that could be in this situation, you will need to review the check register and a Payroll Exception Sheet will need to be submitted if the leave payouts do not appear.