To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: March 27, 2015
Holiday Reminders for the Spring Holiday on Friday, April 3, 2015
- Holidays do not always appear in future or current pay periods. They will appear when the Holiday is in the current week.
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime and are no longer assigned to the Holiday Pending Approval pay code. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will insert a row and enter the “Holiday Premium” pay code and the amount of hours worked on the holiday.
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SPA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SPA part-time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on each holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive a holiday, insert a row on the day with the holiday and enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard.
*** Employees in an “On Leave” status may appear as active in TIM. If an employee On Leave appears in your list in TIM, you must enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard to ensure the employee is not paid for the Holiday hours. ***
Adverse Weather Payback Reminder- DUE Tuesday, March 31!
- IMPORTANT – ALL negative amounts in employees’ Adverse Weather Expired balances MUST be paid back by Tuesday, March 31, 2015. This requires TIM Administrators to identify employees with negative balances in TIM and then process a payback using a payback leave pay code, additional hours worked in a week with leave taken, or docked pay. Please review carefully the email and attachments sent to TIM Administrators in January at https://finance.unc.edu/news/2015/01/08/adverse-weather-policy-changes/.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1-5 p.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1-5 p.m. on Thursday, April 16, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.